NetEnt over the last year have produced some visually stunning slots games – Neon Staxx was a feast for the senses with its neon glow and racey soundtrack. Thing is though, NetEnt’s gameplay hasn’t been equal to its aesthetics. Pyramid: Quest for Immortality will hope to change that come the 22nd of October…
At a Glance
Pyramid: Quest for Immortality appears to take place in an ancient Egyptian tomb, with traditional reels being replaced by falling tiles made famous by Gonzo’s Quest! The layout is a pyramid(ish) shape with one tile on top, followed by a row of three, followed by three rows of five tiles.
The graphics and symbols are very polished as one might expect from a NetEnt production and the music is exactly what you would expect from an Egyptian-themed game. Something that might surprise players is that there are zero free spins (or drops… since nothing spins) at all.
Here is the video:
There are some pretty nifty things going on in Pyramid: Quest for Immortality aside from the disappointing lack of free spins:
- The avalanche tiles are back!
- Win up to a 10x multiplier on the avalanche feature.
- Avalanche multiplier increases by 1 with every 3 successive wins.
- Wilds are automatically generated when a symbol explodes at the top of reel 2, 3 and/or 4
- 720 paylines
- Pyramid shaped reels: with 3 rows high on reel 1, then 4 high on reel 2, 5 high on reel 3, 4 high on reel 4 and 3 high on reel 5
- Return to player rate of 96.48%
- Min/max bet: 0.10 to 200