We’d like to believe that there’s a slot game for everyone – so if you can’t find one that tickles your fancy, sooner or later you’re bound to eventually come across one that will! In this case, this review will be of particular interest to those with an affinity towards felines.
That’s right – Micrograming knew what they were doing when they debuted Pretty Kitty earlier this month because we all know that the internet’s attention is no stranger to cat-related content. Get ready for some cuteness overload below the cut.
Now, click to read whichever section tickles your fancy.
|Release Date||June 2016|
|Casino||Big Fat Slots Casino|
|Slot type||Video Slot|
|Platform||Android App, iPhone App, Browser|
|Return to Player (RTP)||96.0%|
|Slot Reels/ Paylines||5 reels/ 243 ways to win|
|Min/ Max Bets||30p – £75|
|Free Spins||Up to 30 free spins|
|Features||Free Spins, Wild Symbols|
|Pros||Huge Jackpot, simple game|
Back to Top.
Back to Top.
Pretty Kitty consists of five reels and three rows, with 243 ways to win. The wager range is pretty flexible as you can place a bet between 30p to £75 per spin. Keeping in theme with the luxurious, domesticated life of a pampered kitty, the slot brings you a layout consisting of a purple lavish satin background during the base games and red satin during the bonus games.
The high value symbols are quite simply symbols of 5 favourite cat breeds in decked out collars: a white Persian, a Himalayan, a British Shorthair, an orange tabby and a Maine Coon. On the other hand, the ordinary symbols take the form of colored gems in red, orange, yellow, green and blue. There’s also a scatter symbol which is a diamond collar set on a purple velvet cushion.
Every time you get a full stack there’s also an adorable meowing animation from the kitties. During the base game, the Pretty Kitty slot game has an Expanding Symbols feature which allows a currently full stacked symbol on the first reel to be stacked on any other reel containing the same symbol to complete any winning combos.
It also applies for the Free Spin feature which we will elaborate further in the next section. The Wild symbol is basically the words “Pretty Kitty” in fancy writing and can replace all other symbols except scatters.
Back to Top.
Now for the moment we’ve all been waiting for: free spins! For this slot, you’ll need three or more scatter symbols to appear anywhere on the reels to trigger the free spin feature which offers 15 free spins. During this, it is possible to re-trigger another 15 free spins giving a possible total of 30 free spins during this bonus game.
During free spins, stacked wilds can be found on the first reel throughout the bonus feature. The Expanding Symbols feature also applies here, meaning that a full stack of wilds on your first reel can expand to all other wilds on other reels. Here’s where you can hopefully max out your payout.
The developers at Microgaming ensured that the overall theme was aesthetically pleasing; flourishing with gleaming animations and of course, adorable kitties. The slot is not only pretty but passed our diagnostics across all platforms and devices as it ran smoothly, and wait times were fairly short.
Another thing we couldn’t help but notice for this slot was the background music. We’re not playing around here – we’re talking jazz for your soul. Absolutely soothing and relaxing bossa nova music plays that puts players into a light-hearted and carefree mood.
We’re also happy that the developers decided not to put in any cat sound effects as too much of it would probably spoil the mood. A good decision on Microgaming’s part.
Back to Top.
The expanding symbol feature is as good as it’s gonna get in addition to the multiplier wins and scatters that come with this slot. We think that’s a sufficient amount of bonus features for players to get by. The house edge is 4% which leaves it with a 96% return to player and this slot offers a total non-progressive jackpot payout of £70,000.
We feel that as long as you can get a full stack of wilds on the first reel, the expansion feature really pays off when it extends to the rest of the wilds on the other reels, making this an extremely exciting part of the slot. The whole cat theme also sets a pleasant precedent to kick back and relax while playing this slot be it on your mobile or your computer (or with your real pets off-screen!).
We’ve heard that this game can get volatile and fast moving at times as it is a high variance slot. Don’t underestimate it as wins can get as large as 933 times your wager, especially if you get the expanding wilds.
This game will suit both casual players and serious players all the same since it is a medium variance slot. As the saying goes, cats are lucky because they have nine lives – it’s definitely a sign!