Winter is coming. But before it does we have at least two months of rain to struggle through, so we (the benevolent Droid Slots staff) have put together a definitive list of new mobile casino slot games set for release in October 2015. Some are haunting Halloween specials, whilst others have been scraped from the very bottom of the random slot ideas barrel.
- Eye of the Kraken by Play’n Go
- Razortooth by Quickspin
- Pyramid: Quest for Immortality by NetEnt
- Titans of the Sun: Hyperion by Microgaming
- Peek-a-Boo by Microgaming
- Titans of the Sun: Theia by Microgaming
- Witch Pickings by NextGen
- James Dean by NextGen
Eye of the Kraken by Play’n Go
The game features a 3×3 reel layout that we don’t see too often these days – unless its on a more classical Fruity-Machine-style slot – and 8 fixed pay-lines.
- Wild Kraken tentacles whereby the game goes into overdrive and tentacles wrap themselves around the reels creating wilds wherever they land.
- Dive Mode which provides 9 free spins and is triggered by hitting 5 divers helmets across the reels.
- Conquer the Kraken is the real reason you’d play this game. Over the course of your play you must accumulate 50 torpedo symbols to trigger the bonus wherein you’ll meet the Kraken who holds five treasure chests. Two are empty and one holds an enormous win. Hit this and you’re in the money. It took me approximately 150 spins to enter this bonus mode.
Razortooth by Quickspin
Quickspin’s upcoming slot Razortooth is inspired by ancient megafauna (big animals) such as the sabre-toothed tiger, the woolly mammoth and… bears and stuff.
Its back to the future with the reel layout, however, which is a more typically modern 3×5 set up. There are 243 ways to win as well, which I would imagine is considerably more than they had at time of the last ice age.
- The Hunt Random Wild Feature which once activated will place up to 3 additional wild symbols onto the reels.
- The free spins mode is triggered by landing 3 or more bonus scatter symbols on the reels, this will then grant 5 Savage wild free spins.During the free spins round The Savage Wild covers the entire reel, this can occur on more than 1 reel simultaneously, increasing the slots win potential.
RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 20TH
Pyramid: Quest for Immortality by NetEnt
Pyramid: Quest for Immortality is set in an ancient Egyptian tomb, where falling tiles (made famous by Gonzo’s Quest!) replace traditional reels. The layout is a pyramid(ish) shape with one tile on top, followed by a row of three, followed by three rows of five tiles.
The graphics and symbols are very polished as one might expect from a NetEnt production and the music is about as Egyptian as it gets. Something that might surprise players is that there are zero free spins (or drops… since nothing spins) at all.
- The avalanche tiles are back!
- Win up to a 10x multiplier on the avalanche feature.
- Avalanche multiplier increases by 1 with every 3 successive wins.
- Wilds are automatically generated when a symbol explodes at the top of reel 2, 3 and/or 4
RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 22ND
Titans of the Sun: Hyperion by Microgaming
One of three titles Microgaming have set for release in October, Titans of the Sun Hyperion has 5 reels and 15 paylines.
Playable from 15p to £15 a spin, it’s theme is inspired by Greek mythology and is set in the beautiful Mediterranean.
- The Hyperion symbol is stacked on all reels with adjacent winning Hyperion stacks transforming into mega symbols for huge wins. The Mystery Symbols feature is new from Microgaming where all mystery symbols transform into a single symbol (including a wild).
- The main attraction is the Free Spins feature which is triggered when 3 or more scatters (silhouette couple) appear on the reels – you will be rewarded with 15 free spins. There is no multiplier but you can trigger more free spins which will help your winning potential.
RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER
Peek-a-Boo by Microgaming
This relatively cutesy slot utilises a 4×5 reel setup with 40 paylines in the base game, which produces 1024 ways to win in the free spins mode.
Its an obvious release for Microgaming after the Rugby Star slot which preceded the upcoming Rugby world cup, with Halloween on the gloomy horizon. The game’s symbols are made up of various trick-or-treat sweeties and the odd ghost and ghoul.
In the base game, Peek-a-Boo’s quirky kid symbol on reel 3 will randomly zap ghosts on the other reels with his electric ray gun to award cash prizes. Each ghost zapped will be collected in the Ghost Meter and counted up as a Free Spin.
- Ghost Meter: Collect 10 or more ghost symbols by zapping them and trigger the free spins feature. During the free spins mode, wilds are super stacked on reels four and five. This is a really nice element to the game and looks like it could throw up some huge wins!
- Spooky Reels has a nice respin feature which means if you hit three or four symbols, the remaining reels will spin again in the hopes of creating a bigger win – again this gives you a great chance of racking up those big money spins.
RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 7TH
Titans of the Sun: Theia by Microgaming
There really isn’t a great deal to be said about Titans of the Sun; Theia, as its almost identical to its sister game which I’ve already covered. Microgaming are becoming notorious for releasing exactly the same game with a slight variation and that doesn’t much appeal to me.
The redeeming factor is that Theia does have a larger win possibility for those high rollers out there chasing the big win!
RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER
Witch Pickings by NextGen
Witch Pickings by NextGen takes a different approach to Halloween, setting the game in a land more suited to a Smurf population than the layer of an evil witch.
There are some fantastic special features which give you a greater amount of control over how you play to win. This can only be a winner in our book.
- Witches Bonus: 3 or more Scatter symbols anywhere on the reels trigger the Witches Bonus and 5 free spins.
- You then get to mix & match your owns bonus features to selecting 1 feature from each witch.
- Witch Pickings also comes with a trophies page which displays
trophies collected for achieving certain milestones during your
RELEASE DATE: IN TIME FOR HALLOWEEN
James Dean by NextGen (possibly)
The James Dean slot is a strange one shrouded in mystery. Will it be out in October? Nobody quite knows just yet.