For those of you who grew up in the 80s, you will recognize this game right away. It’s from the Saturday morning cartoon of the era—Thundercats. The game is a real blast from the past, where you can play with Lion-O and the entire gang. Each Thundercat character brings its own special feature to the table. Spoiler alert: there are ten main characters and ten different features in all!
Now, click to read whichever section tickles your fancy.
|Release Date||September 2017|
|Software Provider||Blueprint Gaming|
|Slot type||Video Slot|
|Return to Player (RTP)||95.5%|
|Slot Reels/ Paylines||5 reels/30 paylines|
|Min/ Max Bets||£0.40 – £500|
|Features||Free spins, Win multipliers, Mini-Game|
|Pros||Tons of bonus features, Stunning Theme|
Thundercats has five reels, four rows and 30 paylines. Depending on which feature is triggered, they can expand to up to eight rows! This effectively doubles your chances of winning anything. The reels are filled with the cartoon’s main characters. On the lower end of the payout table, you’ll find the playing card symbols and weapons. These are perfectly good symbols though, especially when paired with the entire arsenal of features.
The minimum bet starts out slightly high at 40p per spin, but trust me, the payouts are worth it. You don’t want to play with pennies when there’s so much winnings to be made! If you can afford it, you can even raise the bet up to 500 quid per spin.
Let’s start with the base game. These features appear regularly to deliver extra dough into your casino account:
- Lion-O: Lion-O’s Sword of Omens explodes and scatters a bunch of random wilds all over the game board
- Tygra: Tygra causes any wilds to expand and fill the whole reel, so you’ll get even more payouts during the Tygra spins
- Cheetara: A Cheetara Wild in reel 1 activates a mystery streak, which then slides across the reels and adds extra wilds
- Panthro: Panthro creates giants stacks of the same symbol; more symbols means bigger payouts, of course
- Wily Cat: Wily doubles everything; you get two stacked wilds and a 2x multiplier on top of your payout
Now, the game really kicks into high gear when you get three bonus symbols in a single spin. The Thunder Wheel bonus is brought out, with which you can choose either one of these five free spin games:
- Ultimate Thunder Spins: This feature kicks off with five free spins, during which three entire reels are filled with wilds. There’s no way you can walk out of these spins without a sack full of coins!
- Mumm-Ra Free Spins: You’ll get 10 free spins. During these, you’ll collect wild symbols in Mumm-Ra’s bank. At the final free spin, you’ll get a super spin that includes all your collected wilds at once!
- Slithe Free Spins: This character serves up 10 free spins with sticky wilds. If you manage to lock a full stack of wilds on your reels, you’ll get an additional five free spins at the end.
- Monkian Free Spins: There are Hot Zones, in which wilds symbols can randomly appear. Get Thundercats on reel five and you’ll unlock five more spins.
- Jackalman Free Spins: You’ll get one multiplier for every wild that appears during the ten free spins. This can increase up to 10x! Again, the Thundercat on reel five will trigger another five free spins.
Some free spins features are better than others. If you’re a proper daredevil, you can try and re-spin the Thunder Wheel for a better feature. Lose the gamble and you’ll get a consolation cash prize.
Finally, there’s Snarf. This little cat shows up randomly during the game and brightens the day. If you’re losing, he’ll transform a loss into a spin. If you’re in the middle of a feature, he’ll persuade the feature to pay you even more!
Thundercats is revived by the software development studio called Blueprint Gaming. This studio prides itself in producing mobile-focused slot games. Despite the sheer number of features and reels in this title, the slot fits nicely into palm of your hand and plays without glitches. Just remember to play in portrait mode on your mobile device.
There aren’t many games that are as packed to the brim with features as this Thundercats slot. There are five in the base game and five variants of free spins. Don’t even bother trying to keep track of all the different features.
Just go with the flow and let the gaming engine surprise you. Why, new features literally pop up every 20 seconds. You could even enjoy a solid half hour of gaming before you encounter every character there is in the game.
The Thundercats slot is just another reminder to the world that oldies are indeed goldies. When kids these days sing along to One Direction or whichever boy band that currently rules the airwaves, the kids of the 80s can hold onto the real golden days of Oasis' Wonderwall and, of course, Thundercats. I mean, these cat-like humanoid felines rock even in slot form! As the theme song goes, “Thunder, thunder, thundercats ho!”