Top Mobile Bitcoin Casinos
Since digital currencies exploded on to the mainstream, it was only a matter of time before punters and mobile casinos took advantage of the distinctive benefits they provide. A number of cryptocurrency exclusive casinos have thus sprung up that only accept these currencies for betting. Whether it's Bitcoin, Litecoin, or one of the growing number of online casino exclusive currencies, there are now plenty of places you can play your favourite slots and table games with virtual cash.
As we will see further on, there are some quite interesting advantages for punters in gambling on mobile casinos using Bitcoin, the most notable being that not only is every transaction completely transparent due to the blockchain, but there is also instant access to winnings, making blockchain casinos arguably the fairest and most efficient form of online gambling available.
Many casinos have gone one step further here too, and offer their own cryptocurrencies for their own services. Unikrn, one of the biggest esports betting platforms around, is a good example of this.
Below, we'll take a quick look at how Bitcoin casinos work, some of the best ones to try, and key promotions to keep an eye out for.
How do Bitcoin Casinos Work?
It's important to point out that there are actually two kinds of gambling involving cryptocurrency. You can use a cryptocurrency as a stake for example, and this is actually increasingly common, but you can also bet on cryptocurrencies themselves.
In relation to the use of cryptocurrency for traditional gambling it’s worth noting that there aren't too many differences between a Bitcoin casino and a standard digital or mobile casino, on the surface at least. Both use software and feature digital games, but there are a few key distinctions that come into play at a Bitcoin casino.
- Like with other digital casino payment methods, with Bitcoin transactions are extremely fast, almost instantaneous, which means zero waiting time on cashouts. Also, as there are no third parties to pay, there will never be fees on deposits or withdrawals.
- Mobile cryptocurrency casinos offer a unique level of security due to the way Bitcoin and other digital currencies work, i.e. using blockchains, which are essentially encrypted, anonymous networks that make transactions highly secure.
- Anonymity is of course the other huge benefit as it allows players to participate in casino games with no need to hand over any personal details in order to play. This may vary of course – traditional online casinos will generally still require you to sign up with an account, even if they offer Bitcoin transactions.
- The anonymity implicit in cryptos is key as it not only protects you in the admittedly unlikely event that a casino should get hacked (most online and land-based casinos have online security protection equivalent to banks), but it can help you keep track of your gambling funds by being completely separate to your everyday transactions.
- Finally, pure Bitcoin casinos can also offer a slightly better chance of winning thanks to the fact there's no house edge.
Best Bitcoin Casinos Bitcoins on Android & iOS
With the emerging popularity of this cryptocurrency, gambling websites have been weighing up the odds and trying to decide whether they should jump on the bandwagon. Ever since February 2014, wehen Vera & John became the first mobile casino to accept Bitcoin, the number of such casinos has been growing at exponential rate.
Understandably, diving into the world of Bitcoin casinos can be a daunting task. To this purpose, you will find below a quick rundown of the best mobile casinos that either specialise or deal with Bitcoin transactions so you can get started immediately!
One of the biggest and best online casinos in the UK, Bet365 has a massive selection of games and slots. As well as casino games, you can also enjoy in-play sports betting, a range of sports markets and even bingo should you fancy it. You can also use Bitcoin of course, as well as a range of other payment methods, so it's a great place to start if you're just dipping your toes into the world of betting with a cryptocurrency.
Another excellent option, Casumo mobile casino is a forward-thinking online casino that goes one step further than most. The whole experience is a game in itself, as you can level up your account (and win prizes and trophies) as you play. The site has a huge range of slots and casino games, including classics like Starburst and Gonzo's Quest. Much like Bet365, there are plenty of payment options in addition to Bitcoin, so it's another good place to start, especially if you prefer a more game-like experience.
Bitcoin Casino Promotions
Both Bet365 and Casumo have some attractive promotions for new players, too. Bet365 offers new members 50 free spins on selected slots, so you can get a feel for how things work without spending your own cash. Do keep in mind that you may need to make a minimum deposit to unlock the offer, however. Casumo will give you a 100% welcome bonus up to £300, and 20 free spins on Starburst. Once again, keep in mind that you'll generally need to make an initial deposit to take advantage of these offers.