Best Online Lotteries
Terms and Conditions apply for all bonuses. Must be 18+ to participate
If you had a lucky day and decided to purchase a lottery ticket, or if you do so as part of your weekly routine then your life is about to get a whole lot easier! If you haven’t discovered that you can play the lottery online UK edition, then you are in for a pleasant surprise. You can buy, store and access your tickets and games online and on your mobile device. This makes winning big and early retirement a little more in reach!
How to Find the Best Lotto Sites UK
In order to find the best mobile lottery or lotto UK, it is important to be well informed about different companies’ policies, jackpots, games and offerings. Here are some of the ways to find the best lotto sites for you and your needs/wants:
- Company Sites: Exploring the lotto site provides a great way to discover whether or not the site is legitimate, whether it has what you’re looking for and whether it offers you a user experience that is well suited for your playing style. Take the time to explore different pages and read different descriptions and company information. Being an informed consumer is just as important when buying a lottery ticket as it is when purchasing any big-ticket item.
- Expert and Player Reviews: Other players offer valuable insight into the pros and cons of a lotto site. For players in the UK, check out AndroidSlots for quality insights into some of the top lotto sites in the UK and available to UK players.
Why Play Lottery Online?
When it comes to playing the lottery, going online or using your phone to buy, check and store your ticket may not be your first instinct. However, there are many benefits to doing so and to leveraging the power of the internet to help you on your quest to become a millionaire. Here are some of the top reasons to play lottery online UK:
- Choice | Players have more choice in terms of games and offerings which thereby allow more opportunities to win big and retire early or buy that boat you’ve had your eye on for years!
- Convenience | Playing online or on your phone means that you never have to wonder “where did I put that ticket?!” again. Many online lotto’s keep your tickets and games stored in one, easy to access place that gives you peace of mind and ease of access.
- Bonus Plays | Like other online gambling activities, online lotto sites offer different promotions and bonuses that players may not otherwise have access to if they chose to play offline.
How to Buy Lottery Tickets Online
If you’re new to the world of buying a lottery ticket online, worry not as we have included some pro tips on how to purchase a basic lottery ticket online for national lotteries. Remember that the site simply facilitates the purchase of the lottery ticket, and does not make or modify any of the regulation associated with online gambling:
|1||Find a site that works for you and that offers legitimate, legal and promising lottery tickets. This could be a website or a national lottery app for your phone.|
|2||Choose the ticket or game. For the purposes of these instructions, let’s say you’re choosing standard lottery tickets (as opposed to a scratch card or sports bet).|
|3||Choose your numbers. Pick lotto numbers that are random or choose your favourite numbers. Whether you have a lucky number, you choose your wife’s birthday, or you close your eyes and roll a dice, pick numbers that you are confident in.|
|4||Choose a draw. Pick the draws you would like to participate in. Many national lotteries have draws once or twice a week.|
|5||Scan ticket or check ticket. You can do this on the website, by printing and scanning the ticket or by using your mobile app or your phone.|
What Happens if I Win?
Have you ever wondered what happens if and when you win the lottery? Though the odds of winning are slim, many people’s lives have changed entirely when they find out they’ve won.
Usually, the first thing you have to do in the UK is to call the number on your ticket to claim that you’ve won. Your call will be directed to the call centre where the staff are prepared and trained to deal with lottery related questions, not just winnings. If you win less than £50k, you can have the money paid out to you via cheque at the post office. Depending on the situation, you may receive it in a lump sum or instalments. Anything over £50k, and an advisor will reach out to you to offer you support and help you along the process.
When playing lotto online you do not have to go through this hassle. Only if you win big amounts will you need to travel to the organizer's office to claim your money (all expenses paid for). In other instances, the lottery site will automatically transfer the money into your user balance, so you can decide yourself if you want to buy something nice or use it for new tickets.
Withdrawals are processed quickly, in most cases in less than 48 hours. If choosing to cash out your winnings, it is recommended that you open a secret, secure account and avoid using your everyday chequing account. Your bank more than likely has accounts and teams that deal with lottery winners and the 1%.
Biggest Jackpot Winners In History
From Eurojackpot to Mega Millions, there have been some impressive lottery record winnings. The biggest, record breaking win on a single ticket was around $758 million US dollars. One lady won this amount on her Powerball ticket. Other big wins include a $656 million US dollar win on Mega Millions, a £161.7 million single-ticket jackpot on the EuroMillions.
|$656.0 million||Mega Millions||USA||2012|
If you look at a list of the top values, you will notice it is namely American and British winners. These two countries are most known for their lotteries and therefore the jackpots in other countries just don’t compare.
If reading about these jackpot records and jackpot winners has got you excited, it’s time to start playing lottery online now! You have to be in it to win it, and you never know, it might be you!