The gambling industry is funding an 18-month research project which aims to provide online operators with a best practice guide for preventing harmful gambling and helping those with gambling addictions. The commitment from the industry indicates a genuine enthusiasm to curb addictive behaviours, identify problem gambling behaviours and find solutions.
PwC will conduct a two-phase programme of research to explore the potential of behavioural analytics and industry-held data to indicate and mitigate the potential for gambling-related harm.
The project is intended to build on the research into customer behaviour on gaming machines in licensed betting offices published by the RGT in December 2014 and will include two distinct phases:
- During the first phase PwC will work with Canada’s Responsible Gambling Council to engage with remote operators participating in the research programme to understand their existing processes and controls to minimise harm.
- Phase two of the research programme will analyse industry data and control systems to recommend practical applications of harm minimisation for remote gambling operators serving British consumers.
RGT began the tender process for this research in March 2015 and invited proposals from
organisations with relevant expertise and experience. PwC was commissioned to complete the research after a rigorous and competitive selection process.
Droid Slots Responsible Gambling Resources
We here at Droid Slots are committed to responsible and safe gambling, and have a number of resources with useful information:
- Responsible Gambling Page
- Your Brain While Gambling
- 5 Warning Messages for Responsible Gambling
- Self-Exclusion Guide