Starmania from NextGen is the second neon-inspired slot to be released inside a week following the successes of Neon Staxx, Sparks, Apollo Rising, Twin $pin… you get the picture. As you can see from the banner the game has an arcade-style feel to the sumptuous graphics and gameplay.
At a Glance
Starmania is the title of NextGen's latest slot release which features a 3×5 reel layout of various kinds of stars (they look suspiciously similar to Starburst stars) spinning in the void of space.
The higher value symbols come in various combinations of colours – red, gold, purple and blue – while the lower values are of single colours. Winning combinations can be formed from right to left as well as left to right.
The wild symbol is a large neon text tile which appears only on reels two, three and four and substitutes for all others except the scatter which is another neon text tile. I would have to say the gameplay is excellent (I won quite a bit in the demo mode) and the music is rather cinematic. Not too dissimilar to the intro of Clockwork Orange!
- The Starmania bonus round is triggered when three or more of the bonus scatter symbols appear anywhere on the reels. Your reward is ten free spins which can be re-triggered by landing more scatter symbols during this round.
- Before each spin an extra wild symbol is added to reels two, three and four which means that by the tenth spin there are thirty extra wilds added in total!
- Each win can be gambled by clicking the ‘hearts/clubs’ which appears just above the ‘Spin’ button. The maximum win is five correct guesses.
- Win both ways on the reels!
- A very generous RTP of 97.87% makes me more likely to play Starmania than Starburst!