Best Casino Software Providers
Guide to Casino Software Providers in the UK
If you've been in the gaming industry long enough, you’re well aware that online casinos wouldn’t exist without their software forerunners, that are behind all the games offered. Obviously, the list of software providers is long, and we would write volumes if we were to review all of them here. That’s why we at AndroidSlots.co.uk have elected to review some of the biggest and most innovative online casino software providers in the UK.
The Importance of Used Software Providers
With an endless list of online casinos in existence, each casino wants to deliver an exceptional gaming experience to their players and that’s why they strive to partner with the best providers out there. If you’re still sceptical about the importance of casino software developers, we’re here to show you how they impact your online gambling experience.
- Game selection | Software developers provide casinos with a range of games, including table games, slots, live dealer games, and video poker machines. They also determine the available game variations.
- The platform | This includes mobile (can you enjoy games on your smartphone or tablet?), download (does the online casino offer a download?), instant play (can you play the game via your browser?), and live casino (are there live dealer games?). It goes without saying that the software developer a casino chooses to work with determines whether the platform will be a hit or a miss.
- Game rules | The software provider determines the game rules. Take Blackjack for instance: can the player double down more than once? Can you split aces?
Does it bear repeating that software providers matter a lot? Yes. They determine almost every aspect of online casinos. Some online casinos still use their own proprietary software, but most of them use third party software. In fact, most UK mobile casinos partner with more than one provider to ensure their customers enjoy a diverse game range.
Top 3: Biggest Casino Software Companies in the World
Having appreciated the importance of used software in the previous section of our guide, it is now time to know the triforce of casino software providers and what makes them so big:
|Microgaming||Have you heard about the Mega Moolah, a progressive jackpot known to have paid out countless millions of dollars over the last decade? Microgaming is the company behind this jackpot. Having been in the gaming industry since 1994, this company is a true legend in the industry, and it's regarded as the best online casino software provider 2018. With a massive game selection and several progressive jackpots, the firm’s size is definitely its strength.|
|Playtech||In terms of quality and size, Playtech is deservedly up there with some of the best software developers on Earth. Established by Ted Sagi back in 1996, the company operates in at least nine countries, including the Isle of Man and Estonia. It provides customer service, hosting, social gaming, sports betting, bingo, transaction management, scratch cards, poker, lotteries, mobile platforms, to name a few.|
|NetEnt||Another top boy in the casino software world, NetEnt, was established in 1996 in Scandinavia. They run offices in various locations, including Malta and Sweden, and they offer table games, slots, live dealer games, among others. The RTP on their games is around 95%, which is higher than most providers. With their superb graphics and a huge range of progressive jackpots, NetEnt is actually a force to be reckoned with.|
Mobile Instant Play or Download App
Gambling has a long history, and it is more than just a game; make no mistake about it! For your information, the roll of the dice helped to settle a land dispute between Sweden and Norway in the 11th century. And history has it that gambling was there even before that time, but let’s head straight to the point: the online casino software. It all started with Microgaming, a software developer from the Isle of Man, in 1994 when the company launched the first ever online casino. From that time, online casinos and software providers would pop up like mushrooms.
Today's new online casinos represent significantly improved versions of their earlier counterparts. Most of those improvements are due to the software online casinos use. Providers today produce much more sophisticated software with animations, graphics, background music, sound effects, and other thrilling features: it is certainly way better than it was initially. The software is also more convenient since many online casino games can now be accessed on mobile phones, allowing players to carry Vegas everywhere they go. Having said that, let’s now look at different types of casino software available in 2018.
- This is only compatible with PCs that run Microsoft Windows OS. To play at a download casino, you will need to first download a program to your PC and load it up.
- Instant play
- A common phenomenon at online casinos, this software enables gamblers to play games directly from their web browser; they don’t have to download anything. The fact that it uses Adobe Flash means it's compatible with many operating systems and devices. Unlike in the past, you can now play many casino games, including slots right in your browser.
- Mobile app
- This software is specifically designed for mobile phones due to the fact that many people own these devices. You can download your mobile casino app on your tablet or smartphone and play on the go!